Are you a Highly Sensitive Person?
These statements are only a sample of Highly Sensitive traits.
Even if you only answer yes to a few you may still classify yourself as an HSP if you feel them deeply.
- Loud noises, strong smells, and bright lights are unpleasant for me.
- My digestive and body systems are easily effected by stress and imbalance.
- I often feel downcast and emotional about social injustice and animal cruelty.
- I am often keenly aware of energy shifts in my environment.
- Watching or reading the news causes me to become distressed and anxious.
- I am easily affected by the moods and emotions of others.
- I struggle to communicate my feelings when I am overwhelmed or stressed.
- I become overwhelmed when I feel pressured to complete many tasks at once.
- Family and friends frequently comment on my sensitivity.
- I need quiet time to recharge after events that others find exciting and fun.
- I avoid or do not enjoy violent or horror genre entertainment.
Remember this list is not all inclusive and does not describe the entirety of unique HSP traits.